All students at TOAN must wear full academy uniform, and we expect high standards of presentation to be maintained at all times.
The academy uniform is gender neutral and consists of:
- Academy blazer (School logo brand only)
- Academy tie with white stripe (School brand only)
- Academy tank top (School logo brand only)
- White shirt
- Tailored black trousers
- Plain black shoes
- Black socks or tights
- Plain black hijab (optional)
- Black shoes
The academy PE kit should be worn during all PE lessons and consists of the following items of clothing:
- Academy PE top (School logo brand only)
- Academy PE fleece (School logo brand only)
- Academy PE shorts (School logo brand only – optional for Summer months)
- Academy tracksuit bottoms (School logo brand only – required all year round)
- Sports socks
- Appropriate footwear e.g. trainers and football boots
Year 7 to Year 10 students should wear our TOAN silver striped tie.
Year 11 students will wear a purple tie, which the academy provide.
Clothing not permitted
- Leggings, denim, skinny fit trousers and casual trousers
- Hooded tops, sweatshirts and cardigans
- Caps and hats
- Trainers, casual shoes, velcro shoes or stiletto heels
Hair (including accessories)
- Extreme hairstyles are not permitted at the Academy (e.g. patterns/lines shaved into their hair or eyebrows).
- All hair colour must be natural for both boys and girls.
- All hair bands and slides must be plain black or white.
- One small, plain, gold stud may be worn in each ear and a wrist watch is permitted, but any other jewellery is not allowed.
- Jewellery must be removed for PE and practical activity lessons.
- Nose studs or any other facial piercings are not allowed in the Academy for any reason.
- Make up must not be worn – any student who does wear it will be asked to remove it immediately.
For further details on uniform and appearance, please refer to the student planner and our uniform policy here:
We have a supply of uniform that can be purchased directly from the Academy shop and also through ParentPay. Uniform can be collected between 9.30am to 3.00 pm each day support our families, we sell uniform at cost, our price list can be found below:
If we are out of stock, uniform can also be purchased from Top Form shops in Oldham or Rochdale, or online at Monkhouse school wear specialists.
Pre-loved uniform: We also have a small selection of pre-loved, donated uniform in the academy. Please contact the main reception if you feel this is something we can support you with.
27 Union Street, Oldham, OL1 1XS Tel:0161 627 0417
51-53 Drake Street, Rochdale, OL16 1RX Tel:01706 345257