Uniform & Appearance policy
- Jewellery is not permitted except one plain (silver or gold stud only) earring per ear, 5mm or less (no other visible piercings allowed) and one watch
- Nose studs or any other facial piercings are not allowed in the Academy for any reason
- Jewellery is not permitted at all during PE lessons or other physical activity
- The Academy takes no responsibility for lost jewellery items that are brought into school
Extreme hairstyles are not permitted at the academy (e.g. patterns/tramlines shaved into hair or eyebrows, unnatural colours for girls or boys).
Any form of fake nails are not permitted at the Academy. If a student can’t remove them in school, then students will be sent home to remove them before returning.
Students will have appropriate size school bag which is big enough to fit in numerous books, including A4 size and a pencil case. A separate bag should be used on days when students have PE.
Students should be proud to wear their academy uniform.
- Sweaters, sweatshirts, cardigans, caps, hats and hooded tops are not permitted to be worn around the academy.
- Training shoes should only be worn during PE or physical activity lessons.
- Plain black shoes should be worn at all other times and should not resemble a trainer.
- Coats should only be worn when outside the building during break and lunch time and not inside the building.
- Ties and tank tops should be worn at all times unless given permission by a member of staff to remove these (in the case of hot weather)
- Skirts must be school skirts only which have the school logo visible at the top (see below)
- If a student isn’t appropriately dressed for school, then students will either be given some uniform to wear for the day or sent home to retrieve the appropriate items of clothes.
Year 7: Blue stripe
Year 8: Red stripe
Year 9: White stripe
Year 10: Yellow stripe
The Headteacher is the final arbiter of what is acceptable in terms of personal appearance at The Oldham Academy North.
- Academy blazer
- Academy tie
- Academy tank top
- White shirt
- Tailored black trousers
- School skirt – black pleated with the school logo at the top. No other skirts are allowed
- Plain black shoes (no trainers, shoes that look like trainers or shoes with logos on)
- Black socks
- Plain Hijab (optional)
- PE bag
- Academy PE top
- Academy shorts
- Academy tracksuit bottoms
- Sports socks
- Academy PE sweatshirt
- Appropriate sports shoes E.g. trainers / football boots
- Leggings are not allowed in PE lessons.
Uniforms can be purchased from Top Form in Oldham or Rochdale – for further information please click here