All students at TOAN must wear full academy uniform, and we expect high standards of presentation to be maintained at all times.
The academy uniform is gender neutral and consists of:
- Academy blazer
- Academy tie
- Academy tank top
- White shirt
- Tailored black trousers or plain black skirt
- Plain black shoes
- Black socks or tights
- Plain black hijab (optional)
- Black shoes
The academy PE kit should be worn during all PE lessons and consists of the following items of clothing:
- Academy PE top
- Academy PE fleece
- Academy PE shorts
- Academy tracksuit bottoms
- Sports socks
- Appropriate footwear e.g. trainers and football boots
Previously, the tie colour that you are given in year 7 will follow you through until the end of year 10. However, our Headteacher would like to simplify this and therefore we will have just one colour tie – white stripe – for students in year 7,8,9 and 10. Year 11 students will wear a purple tie, which the academy provide.
We appreciate that not all parents will want to purchase new ties if their child’s current tie is still usable, so we are happy for students to wear their current ties until such time as they need to replaced due to wear and tear.
Clothing not permitted
- Leggings, denim, skinny fit trousers and casual trousers
- Hooded tops, sweatshirts and cardigans
- Caps and hats
- Trainers, casual shoes, velcro shoes or stiletto heels
Hair (including accessories)
- Extreme hairstyles are not permitted at the Academy (e.g. patterns/lines shaved into their hair or eyebrows).
- All hair colour must be natural for both boys and girls.
- All hair bands and slides must be plain black or white.
- One small, plain, gold stud may be worn in each ear and a wrist watch is permitted, but any other jewellery is not allowed.
- Jewellery must be removed for PE and practical activity lessons.
- Nose studs or any other facial piercings are not allowed in the Academy for any reason.
- Make up must not be worn – any student who does wear it will be asked to remove it immediately.
For further details on uniform and appearance, please refer to the student planner and our uniform policy here: Uniform Policy
We have a small supply of uniform that can be purchased directly from the academy through Parent Pay. If we are out of stock, uniform can also be purchased from Top Form shops in Oldham or Rochdale, or online at Monkhouse school wear specialists.
27 Union Street, Oldham, OL1 1XS Tel:0161 627 0417
51-53 Drake Street, Rochdale, OL16 1RX Tel:01706 345257