Supporting our SEND students
We believe that every child should have access to a rich and relevant curriculum that will ensure that they can achieve the best possible life chances and experiences.
The new Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) code of practice has transformed the way educational providers manage provision for their students.
This new vision is based on:
- High expectations and aspirations for what every student can achieve
- A ‘family-centred’ approach to planning for success
- Early identification of need
- High-quality teaching and wave one interventions that support the child in their learning environment
- Excellent outcomes for every SEND student
Our experienced SEND team provide specialist help for students with additional needs including specific learning difficulties and social, emotional and mental health barriers.
When a student is identified as needing extra help we involve parents and carers, and regularly review our support plans and one page profiles. The faculty has strong links with external agencies who offer specialist support and advice.
Academy SEND documentation
“Every child deserves a champion – an adult who will never give up on them, who understands the power of connection and insists that they become the best they can possibly be.”