Aspire Pathway is designed for young people with significant additional needs so that they can succeed at The Oldham Academy North with specialised support and a tailored curriculum.
The pathway is designed in line with the new SEND code of practice:
- It places the needs and progress of the students at the heart of everything we strive to achieve.
- It ensures consistency of approach across all subject areas.
- It supports students by reducing barriers to learning by equipping them with core learning skills and routines.
- It provides strategies that helps students integrate into the demanding academy environment.
- It improves attainment and participation in learning through carefully planned and delivered sessions.
The Aspire Pathway lessons take an enquiry-led approach to learning and focus on literacy and humanities.
This encourages pupil-led, active learning and supported literacy. The enquiry element allows pupils to draw on their knowledge and demonstrate their understanding of the topics explored.
The Key Steps Award
Every week students will take on a new personal challenge that supports independent planning and learning skills. Designed by ASDAN, students will build their own portfolio throughout the year working towards The Key Steps Award.