Are you getting the help you’re entitled to?

4 October 2021

Free school meals

Most people have heard of free school meals, but do you know how to apply for them for your child?  You can apply using this link:

Additional Funding

Remember, claiming free school meals doesn’t just mean a hot dinner for your child, they also mean vital cash, called pupil premium, which goes direct to your child’s school and can help fund their education – so even if you wanted to send your child with a packed lunch, it’s a good idea to register if you are eligible.


You’re entitled if you claim:

  • Universal Credit (If you are working, there is an earning threshold of £7,400 per year. If your earnings fluctuate, you can apply and you may be entitled during a period when your earnings are lower)
  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • The guarantee element of Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
  • Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit

To make sure both yourself and your child are receiving everything you are entitled to, please don’t delay filling out the form below if you think you are entitled. Should you wish to speak to someone at the academy if you have any questions, please contact Ms Arthur.

You can apply using this link:

How to apply for a place at The Oldham Academy North Find Out More
We recommend
Useful Information